We are now accepting digital plans in PDF format (preferred method) by email. Plans are reviewed and processed during normal business hours Monday-Friday. Approximate time for reviewing plans is 7- 10 days or less.
The fee will be determined after the plan check is complete and an invoice will be sent to you via email.
For all projects, please complete the following:
- Truckee Fire Protection District Project Application Form, found below
- A PDF copy of your plans sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a "printer friendly" version of the Project Application Form.
Plans for all buildings, tenant improvements, fire sprinklers, fire alarm systems and commercial hood systems shall be submitted to Truckee Fire Protection District at email@example.com for review and approval.
Single Residential Projects
Within the Town of Truckee
Plans shall be submitted to the Town of Truckee Community Development Department.
Contact #: 530.582.7820.
outside of the Town of Truckee
Plans shall be submitted to Truckee Fire Protection District and the appropriate County Community Development Resource Agency:
Plans and Site plans need to be drawn to scale and to include the following:
- Property lines and adjacent streets or roads.
- Total acreage or square footage of the parcel.
- Footprint/ outline of all structures including garages, shops, barns, etc.
- Driveway plan view showing width, length, turnarounds, radii.
- Driveway profile showing the percent grade from the access road to the structure.
- All floors and rooms shown with total dwelling square footage.
- Garage, shop or other accessory buildings shown with square footage.
Sprinkler Plan Submittal
All new or modified commercial projects require fire sprinkler plans to be submitted for review and approval. Please fill out the Project Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If 10 heads or less, plans shall be submitted to Truckee Fire Protection District at email@example.com.
If greater than 10 heads, plans need to be submitted to the District’s third-party contractor, Engineered Fire Systems, Inc., for review and scheduled inspections.
Engineered Fire Systems (EFS)
11832 Tammy Way
Grass Valley, Ca. 95949
New Residential Buildings
Within the Town of Truckee: Sprinkler plans shall be submitted to the Town of Truckee Community Development Department.
Contact #: 530.582.7820.
Outside the Town of Truckee: Please fill out the Project Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sprinkler plans shall be submitted to our third-party contractor Engineered Fire Systems, as listed above.
*Fees for the third-party review will be actual costs plus an 18% administration fee invoiced by Truckee Fire Protection District.